About Me

My photo
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
MMM....difficult, freak, good hearted, loyal, without a care in the world

Puerto Vallarta

Saturday, December 12, 2009

What Gives Meaning to my Life?


      The meaning of life constitutes a philosophical question concerning the purpose and significance of existence and/or biological life in general. This concept can be expressed through a variety of related questions, such as Why are we here?, What is life all about? and What is the meaning of it all? It has been the subject of much philosophical, scientific, and theological speculation throughout history. There have been a large number of answers to these questions from many different cultural and ideological backgrounds.  What is the meaning of life? What's it all about? Who are we?  Why are we here? What are we here for? What is the origin of life? What is the nature of life? What is the nature of reality?  What is the purpose of life? What is the purpose of one's life?  What is the significance of life? What is meaningful and valuable in life? What is the value of life?  What is the reason to live? What are we living for?
      MANY people are living for money and for what it can buy. Some live to make a name in the world. Others live to perfect their artistic skills. There are also those who live to help others. But many do not know what they are living for or why they are here.
What about me? Have I seriously thought about the reason why I am here? Why not consider some human pursuits to see if they really bring a sense of accomplishment and a feeling of satisfaction? What makes a meaningful life possible?
A BUDDHIST religious leader, the Dalai Lama, said: "I believe that the very purpose of our life is to seek happiness." He then explained that he believed that happiness can be achieved by training, or disciplining, the mind and the heart. "A mind," he said, "is all the basic equipment we need to achieve complete happiness." Belief in God is unnecessary, he maintains, and that is where I differ with this great religious leader...I have tried to train my heart and my mind..but it is difficult...once someone told me that to be happy in this life you need 3 things to be happy you have to be accomplished Personally, Professionally and Spiritually, but you cannot attain one without the other...
I have to go back to my roots,23 years ago in order to find the happiness I am seeking for to get rid of all the feelings I had in my last post...something I have tried to do but failed something I know deep withing my heart is the way to go but have denied it for so long, its like a knife tied to my heart going in circles...at first it hurt so much but then with time the knife became dull I even forgot it was there..but it comes back once in a long while it comes back....what is it you might wonder my roots...God is my root where I was born into...but decided tht they had to many rules to follow, not sex until marriage, please I live for that...no drinking mmm, ive been drinking since the age of 12 and im still alive, there was always an excuse but in the end its true...not precisely religion but what the bible has to tell me...cuz I always have believed the bible to be a true book I can sit down with anyone and argue any point they want with the bible and nothing else...I can recite many verses of it and know it to be true...so why do I eagerly stay away from it...the easy life...but according to the Bible, true happiness does not depend upon wealth, fame, artistic accomplishments, or philanthropic pursuits. Rather, it depends on satisfying our spiritual need—the need to worship God.

          Many people live to make a name for themselves. The desire to make a name, wanting to be remembered by others, is not necessarily bad. “A name is better than good oil,” says the Bible, “and the day of death than the day of one’s being born.” On the day of death, the record of the entire life of a man has been written, so to speak. If he has accomplished positive things, the day of that person’s death is far better than the day of his birth when the record was totally blank, so I tried to live to a name a reputation of the hardest guy you can know...and I came very close to being lost in the abyss...very much so....but what kept me back...I dont think it was myself...so I have to go back to my roots...start believing again and sometimes that means separating myself from people that dont agree with me and people who instead of telling me what a beautiful day it is telling me how bad the guy next door treated them, it wont happen overnight but that is my plan right now I will just enjoy my last days of being locked withing myself and look forward to the they I can truly write another post and tell you how happy I am truly happy, so dont think I am a changed man right now cuz im not I will still enjoy a drink or a smoke...but I will work hard on getting there dont know how long it will take....but eventually

1 comment:

  1. "We tend to SEEK happiness when happiness is actually a CHOICE"

    ReplyDelete